Having short hair is relieving when you have a busy lifestyle. Unlike long hair, you don’t have to invest a lot of time doing your hair before going out. Besides the mess and time, long hair are a door to a variety of styling options. Unfortunately, short hair cannot be of much help when it comes to styling.
However, the right hair straightener for short hair can do miracles. It helps you flaunt that sleek locks look along with a few timeless short hairstyles. From curly and wavy, to messy bob, a short hair straightener can be very helpful to keep that same old boring short hair style at bay.
List of Top Suitable Straighteners for Short Hair
Below is the list of best hair straighteners for short hair. Based on specs, budget, and unique features, you can choose what’s best for you.
What comes at a budget friendly price is considered Conair’s top of the line straightener for short hair. It heats up quicker than others and spares you some time. It’s ultra smooth heat plates slide smoothly through your short hair. In addition to this, the plates are ceramic coated. They also have tourmaline crystal infusion to protect your hair from heat and retain moisture. With 450 degrees as its maximum temperature, you also get 30 different heat setting modes.
The hair styling tools from Chi set the bar high. This flat iron is another great example of their top products. The heat plates are titanium infused and ceramic coated. The characteristics of such plates is that they heat up quickly and evenly without losing heat during the styling process even for short hair.
Within 40 secs, you can start using it. The three different temperature modes at 370°F, 395°F, 425°F allow you choose the heat setting that suits your hair based on thickness, length, and more. Your short hair passes through the barrel of the straightener keeping it in contact with the floating heat plates throughout. This flat iron adds shine and eliminates frizziness to short hair.
The professional flat iron from Ghd is very simple to use but also effective. It comes with a midrange heat setting that works well on a variety of short hair. The one inch plate design, dual voltage, rounded barrel design make it an apt hair straightening tool for most. It also comes with a self shut down feature that helps it automatically shut down after a short period of inactivity.
The list isn’t complete without the mention of this flat iron by BaBylissPRO. It makes your short hair smooth and shiny owing to its nano/titanium heater technology that protects your hair during the styling process. It is lightweight and sleek in design and unique contoured barrel make it ideal for wavy or curly hair styles. It has a temperature range of 300°F – 450°F and comes with 50 heat settings to adjust any type of short hair.
Remington straightener for short hair is one of the most affordable you’ll find in the market for its amazing features. It heats up quickly within 30 secs and reaches a maximum temperature of 455°F for thick hair. You can make use of its different heat settings depending on your hair type.
The hinge lock mechanism makes it ideal for traveling. The floating heat plates feature silk ceramic technology to ensure protection for your hair during the straightening process.
Hair styles and Styling method
There are different types of hairstyles you can achieve with a short hair straightener by following these methods of styling.
1. Crimped Curls
You can create this 90s hairstyle at home easily using a hair straightener.
- Detangle your hair and prepare it for heat using a heat protectant spray. (Make sure your hair is dry)
- Now, taking a small section of hair, crimp it two inches below the root and clamp it with flat iron for 5 secs.
- Remove the iron after it has crimped properly.
- Now, repeat the procedure again by crimping your hair on the opposite side.
- Keep repeating it for different sections and you'll get a chic crimped curl look.
2. Braided Curls
Braided curls can help add volume to your hair. This hairstyle goes well with short dresses for evening parties and clubs.
- First apply a protectant spray.
- Now, divide the hair in two sections from the mid and make two braids.
- Now, hold the flat iron on your hair for 5 secs. Repeat this till the end of braids.
- Do the same for the second section.
- Use a hair spray and untie your braids.
3. Messy Bob
Comb your hair properly and apply hair protectant spray.
Give your plain bob a new touch with hair straightener by turning it into a bouncy, messy bob. But, remember you don't have to do your hair in a specific order as it is the messy bob for a reason.
- Divide your hair in two decades from the middle of your hair.
- Clamp flat iron on a small section and twist it vertically, don't pull it down to prevent curly ends and stop two inches above the end.
- Repeat the process for all sections.
- Use a texture spray on your hair for added texture to enhance your messy bob look.
Tips for Best Results
We have listed some tips for straightening your short hair to reap maximum benefits :
- Just like muscle training, your hair needs some rest or time to recover before the next session. Thus, don't use flat iron on your short hair regularly. Give them some time to recover and prevent any damage by limiting its use.
- Never use a hair straightener on wet or damp hair because readily available flat irons trap steam which damages your hair. Though there are some hard to find straighteners to use on wet hair.
- Do not blow dry your hair in line with a hair straightener. This way you risk your hair receiving the double dose of heat. You should rather shampoo and condition your hair the night before using flat iron. This buys your hair the time to dry naturally. However, if you have no other option, try blow drying it on a non-heat setting a few hours prior.
- To prevent overheating or frying of your short hair, do not pass the iron on the same spot multiple times. Keep it away from your roots as much as possible to prevent root damage. You can use a comb for every section followed by the straightener, this reduces the multiple use on the same spot.
- It is always better to be cautious, especially in case of your hair. Thus, use a hair protecting serum or oil such as oil before using the flat iron. It adds a protective layer which reduces the possibility of your receiving access heat.
Cleaning hair straighteners is a must. Don't worry, we have a guide for you to help you Clean Your Hair Straightener
. Read and learn now!